Tuesday 10 September 2013

AM - Arctic Monkeys [Album-2013


Are Arctic Monkeys back? - Yes
Is the album good? - Yes
Is it better than the previous album? - Yes
Is it better than any of the first three albums? - No
Is it repetitive? - A bit
Did we expect much more? - Yes
Are we dissapointed? - Yes

After the singles, R U Mine?, Do I Wanna Know and Why'd You Only Call Me WHen You're High, I expected something really good from the monkeys. But, other than Arabella and Knee Socks, no other songs excites me like almost all songs from the first three album did.

Arctic Monkeys have left the fresh, innovative, new sound for something more refined. But, that fresh, fast-paced music is what made them popular. People used to make memes/statements saying that nobody can even lip-sync Turner's songs. I too personally don't prefer this new Monkeys' sound.

Dissapointed from what I was expecting to be the Album of The Year.

My Rating - 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment