Monday 14 April 2014

Percy Jackson : Sea of Mosters [Movie-2013]


The reason behind me watching  Percy Jackson was solely that the movie grossed over 200 Million, and that speaks something. But I was utterly disappointed. When you go into the 'fantasy' genre, you have to go over little details, and everything has to be very elaborate. Sadly, the filmmakers here have failed e to achieve that. I have not read the book, but according to my knowledge it got nice reviews. As in the case of many novel adaptations, the makers of Percy Jackson have failed, yet again. It is a very average movie, which does not even keep you engaged throughout. The plot is highly predictable too. The part that I cherished was the little cameo of Nathan Filion, who I believe is an actor, with impeccable comic timing.

Percy Jackson : Sea of Monsters follows the tale of Percy Jackson [Logan Lerman], the son of Poseidon, his two best friends, Grover Underwood [Brandon Jackson] and Annabeth Chase [Alexandra Daddario], and his half-brother, Tyson attempting to fulfilling a prophecy predicted by the Oracle, fighting against the son of Hermes, Luke Castellan [Jake Abel].

The movie displays none among the qualities required for a GOOD movie, them being - good plot, good acting, action, comic relief or good cinematography.

Not worth wasting your time. Ignore.

My Rating - 5.8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment